It appears that a multi-channel approach will perform the best.
During a recent paper-based marketing study performed by neuromarketing firm TrueImpact, the effects of paper marketing (directmail, etc.) were compared to digital media(email and display ads), through the technology of eye-tracking and high resolution EEG brain wave measurements.
Three(3) metrics were evaluated in the study:
- Cognitive load - Ease of understanding
- Motivation - Persuasiveness
- Attention - How long subjects looked at the content
Some highlights from the study were:
- Direct mail was easier to process mentally and tested better for brand recall.
- Direct mail requires 21% less cognitive effort to process than digital media, suggesting that it is both easier to understand and more memorable.
- Paper advertising activated the ventral striatum area of the brain more than digital media. From a previous study of successful ad campaigns, it was found that the ventral striatum was an indicator of desire and valuation.
If you are planning to add tactile enhancements to your print campaign this year, the USPS is going to reward you by including the Tactile, Sensory and Interactive Mailpiece Engagement Promotion in their 2017 Marketing Promotions. This promotion offers an upfront 2% postage discount on direct mail that enhances customer engagement with the mail through the use of advanced print innovations, substrates, inks and finishing techniques. Qualifying mail will be eligible for the upfront 2% discount during the promotion period of February - July 2017. At Express Image, we know that our sense of touch is a powerful means of communication and expression; it impacts our perception and triggers certain emotional responses. Accordingly, different textures, coatings and paper substrates can evoke different feelings.
CLIENT SUCCESS STORY: KENNING OUTSOURCE
Our trade partner Kenning Outsource recently launched their Depth and Dimension Campaign to showcase the many remarkable print enhancements that can be achieved with Vivid UV. You can view a video of the direct mail piece here.
You can also request a copy of the brochure by clicking here.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
If you'd like to learn more about digital variable print and Vivid UV let's connect today!