APPROVED 2017 USPS Mailing Promotions - Click Here to download the 2017 USPS Promotions Calendar Overview [Bonus: 10% Discount]
These SIX(6) USPS 2017 Mailing Promotions provide exciting new opportunities for businesses through the following promotions:
- Earned Value Reply Mail Promotion:
- Earn credit for qualifying Business Reply Mail(BRM), Courtesy Reply Mail(CRM) and Alternate Postage with an Intelligent Mail Barcode(IMb) counted during normal mail processing. The credit for this promotion has increased from $.02/$.03 per mail piece scanned to $.05 per mailpiece scanned. This promotion period runs from January - June 2017.
- Tactile, Sensory and Interactive Mailpiece Engagement Promotion:
- Enhance customer engagement with the mail(regular and nonprofit standard mailers) through the use of advanced print innovations in paper, substrates, inks and finishing techniques. Qualifying mail will be eligible for an upfront 2% postage discount during the promotion period of February - July 2017. At Express Image, we know that our sense of touch is a powerful means of communication and expression; it impacts our perception and triggers certain emotional responses. Accordingly, different textures of coatings and paper substrates can evoke different feelings. Get direct mail print technique inspirations by requesting this small but mighty FREE NOTECARD SET set here.
- Emerging and Advanced Technology Promotion:
- Incorporate the use of digital technology such as Near Field Communication, Augmented Reality, Video in Print, Beacon Technology, Virtual Reality and technology that facilitates programmatic and retargeting marketing strategies. The mailpiece should allow the recipient to engage in an interactive experience. Qualifying mail will be eligible for an upfront 2% postage discount during the promotion period of March - August 2017. At Express Image our technological offerings with Beacons, Apps and retargeting marketing strategies can assist you in engaging and improving the interactive experience for your clients.
- Direct Mail Starter Promotion:
- Nonprofit Standard Mailers and Small Business Regular Mailers are eligible for an upfront 5% postage discount during the promotion period of May - July 2017 if they design direct mail marketing campaigns that incorporate qualifying technology(such as a QR code), which leads the consumer to a mobile-optimized website. A maximum of 10,000 pieces per mailer may receive the discount during the promotion period.
- Personalized Color Transpromo Promotion:
- First-Class Mailers that use dynamic/variable color messaging in order to foster a better interaction with their customers/prospects will qualify for an upfront 2% postage discount during the promotion period of July - December 2017.
- Mobile Shopping Promotion:
- When Regular and Nonprofit Standard Mailers integrate mobile technology into their direct mail pieces that facilitates an online shopping experience they can qualify for an upfront 2% postage discount during the promotion period of August - December 2017.
PROPOSED 2017 USPS Price Increases - Click Here to download the 2017 USPS Proposed Price Increase Overview.
The USPS filed notice with the PRC of price changes for Mailing Services products planning to take effect in January 2017. The proposal includes a two cent increase in the price of a First-Class Mail Forever stamp, returning the price to 49 cents. The new prices, if approved, include a single price for First-Class Mail commercial presort letters weighing up to 3.5 ounces and a reduction in the one ounce meter price to 46 cents.
Standard Mail is being rebranded as USPS Marketing Mail to better align the product name with the customer's use of this mail class. Proposed changes in Marketing Mail include removing the Flats Sequencing System pricing which was of concern to mailers. This change will ensure that mailers pay for flats based on their volume density instead of the equipment flats are processed on. In addition, other changes include increasing the piece pound breakpoint from 3.3 to 4.0 ounces for Marketing Mail Flats and Parcel shaped pieces to encourage mailers to include more content, which will lead to more sales for mailers and support volume growth. Express Image will continue to keep you updated on these proposed 2017 USPS price changes.
At Express Image, we know that incorporating touch into marketing messages both print and digitally can have a persuasive effect on your customers experience and response. Through our wide-array of digital print offerings, digital interactive solutions, plus our screen printing capabilities, you can now add pretty much any technique imaginable!